Ralph Nader (via azspot)
OR Maybe it is time to recognise that truth: The American people GET THE GOVERNMENT
they deserve their ignorance, apathy and greed permits.
Pardon my ‘French’ but:
* The “Red neck fuckwit” who buys his/her 5 year old daughter a pink rifle because it’s her favorite colour
* The young child that gets kidnapped and raped by a drug affected mentally incompetent couple who can’t get rid of the idea that it is ‘their right’ to have a Child,
to love and care for
in any way they see fit
without any of the downsides (and YES, there ARE many downsides - it’s just part and parcel of being a parent) of child rearing.
* Religious Zelots who shoot people who work in abortion clinics because of something written by remarkably ignorant people ( by today’s’ standards of knowledge) thousands of years ago.
* Elderly and lonely people who listen to Tele-Evangelists because no one in their Community cares about them ( and they don’t get angry about ‘Community Apathy’ and self interest )
* Poor (Economically disadvantaged) people who either can’t do the maths or don’t care that their financial reality doesn’t meet the reality of repaying debt and then take on Debt that becomes Toxic.
Are these people Victims or Authors of their own fates? While I would suspect (from a distance of several thousands of Kilometers away) that they are authors of their own destiny
Are there solutions? Yes, of course their are. However, they would not be popular with either the general population or ‘The Powerful’!
You could well start by looking at your own History - at a period of time around an ‘event’ called The Boston Tea Party!
As a foreigner, I know that there were political assassinations of representatives of the ruling classes, there were lynchings of domestic traitors to ‘the cause’. Taxes were not paid and on a few occasions, ‘taxes’ that had been collected were ‘liberated’. [ I BET the Governments of today don’t want those little exploits remembered!!!]
Am I countenancing “Terrorism” or revolt against Government? No; this is an invitation to consider your own role in the downfall of your once great Nation. Consider this to be YOUR opportunity to take your Nation in a direction that is most pleasing to you. An Invitation to define and decide what it is that you actually like about your Country and then build on that.
By the way:
you don’t have freedom of the press or speech
you don’t have a Right of Privacy
you don’t have RIGHT of assembly OR Association
and lastly, you don’t have a “Right" of property ownership - any of your possessions CAN be taken away from you by Government fiat.